Regency literature includes some of England’s most enduring and well-beloved novels and poetry. Jane Austen, Sir Walter Scott, Percy Bysshe Shelley, William Wordsworth, and others left an indelible mark on the literary canon. But how can a modern student understand and appreciate a culture so distinctly different than their own?
Our 28-page illustrated guide, A Modern Student’s Primer to Regency England, unveils the intricacies of life as a member of the English gentry during the Regency Era (c. 1795-1837). Learn about the importance of social class, the complexities of etiquette, financial matters such as inheritance and profession, plus details about Regency balls, daily life, fashion, and the rituals of courtship and marriage. This Primer is a thoughtful foundation to the modern student’s enjoyment and appreciation of Regency literature.
- Instant download of a 28-page, letter-size PDF (with 24 pages of content and illustrations)
- Personal Use License (Single User or Classroom)
- Download access for one year (365 days) from purchase date, including any updates and errata
Digital download only. No physical item will be shipped.
Choose your License Type:
- Single User License: Download access for one year (365 days) from purchase date, unlimited use within your immediate family, and permission to print one (1) copy.
- Classroom License: Download access for one year (365 days) from purchase date, use within your classroom for up to thirty (30) students, and permission to print up to thirty (30) copies.
Need access for additional students, or a purpose other than classroom usage? Contact us for information about purchasing an extended license. (Extended or commercial licenses may not available for all resources.)